6oz self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Decorations - icing and sprinkles
Wash your hands before you begin and wear an apron if you have one.
- Put some muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix it all together with an electric mixer or a wooden spoon. Make sure you get all the lumps out!
- Use a metal dessert spoon to half fill the bun cases.
- Carefully put into the hot oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack.
- Decorate with icing and sprinkles!
You can add any flavour to this mixture, we also made chocolate muffins by adding 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the mixture.