It's a simple sponge mixture but it looks super when you cut it into squares.
Ingredients and method
6oz self-raising flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon orange essence
- Put the top 4 ingredients into a bowl and mix with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Next get another bowl and put half of the mixture into it and add the orange essence. Mix well.
- Use a sieve to add the cocoa powder to the other bowl and mix in really well until it goes chocolatey.
- You should now have two bowls of cake mix, one that looks creamy and smells of orange and another bowl of chocolatey mixture!
- Grease and line a swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper to stop the cake sticking.
- Add dollops of each cake mixture into the tin until it's all used up.
- Swirl it gently with the handle of a teaspoon and smooth the top.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until springy to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut up into squares and decorate with your favourite toppings.